CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

First Missionary Package




 
 
 
 
Dear Elder Michael Allen Johnson,

Well, we just got home from setting your apart to be an Elder for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. What an exciting night it was and what a journey you are on! I'm so thankful I'm along for the ride and wonderful journey you are about to embark upon! Exciting time for sure! I loved your blessing tonight you gave me. It made me feel really calm and at peace. Not that I wasn't before but just that now...I'm extra at ease and feel so confident that you are well on your way to be an exceptional missionary! Will I miss you...absolutely ...but no place I would rather you be than EXCTLY, right were you are! How awesome you must feel, the first!! I'm so thankful you were the oldest in our family. You have set a great example to your younger brothers, for sure! Just like Matt said, when I get older can I go with you on a mission? Already the seed has been planted by a righteous older brother!

I know we will shed tears tomorrow but they will be tears of great gratitude to our Heavenly Father for allowing us to have these amazing opportunities in our lives! How blessed you are to be able to share your testimony with others. To show them, lead them and help them recognize the Holy Ghost in their lives! I know I will cry...but lately just overwhelmed with the love and kindness shown to you and my sweet family! We have been blessed son...beyond measure!

Surely you know I will miss you, tons!! But like President Messer said, "Don't look back, they will be fine". We will, you know that! I'm expecting great things from you...just share with us everything...the good and the bad! Because expect you will have bumps...but you've had bumps before...and handled them extremely well! It will make the sweet all that much sweeter! I do look forward to your letters, as I write this...I'm already longing to hear your testimony, thoughts and experiences on paper!

You are amazing just the way you are...but this mission is going to strengthen your foundation in our Savior so much! Bring you so much closer to him and your Heavenly Father. I do know he is very aware of our situation and is so very proud of you and we're you are headed. Hold to the Rod, be obedient and work hard... When times get tough turn to your Heavenly Father...he is always there and always listening!

Till we meet again my son ...I love you, I adore you, be safe and remember it is always better to look up!!

Love Always,
Your Mom

1 comment:

Vanessa said...

Loved all your posts...Love your family photos. Make'em bigger! So we can see!