Well January started off amazingly well...and I was so very grateful... then we had a wrench (a couple of them) thrown in my plan to get on a new budget for 2012... our jeep broke down. It seems it won't go over 55 on the highway. OK we can handle that... then Cody comes home and says he got into a wreck... just a few scratches as you can see... but come to find out... the frame is bent and would cost $$$$ to fix it. Then I insist to Allen that our heater is blowing cold air... yep... the unit went out...And then, low and behold, our water heater starts leaking... you've got to be kidding me at this point...but NO not quite yet... I walk out of work to find that a four wheeler has rolled down an embankment ...right into our Jeep!! AND a side note after this was written: Cody was out four wheeling and he was going up one side and his friend another, didn't see each other and had a head on collision at the top of the hill (no one was hurt, thank goodness). Just thought I would add this for the record!!
So here is a summary of the month of January:
Found leak in front yard (yet to be fixed)
Jeep is broke ($300 fixed the rest is still on hold)
Water heater ($250)
Saturn ($1500-$2000 yet to be fixed)
Air Conditioning Unit ($2000 for new unit)
Four Wheeler rolled into our Jeep (scratches thank goodness)
Justin fell off rip stick tweaked his neck going to chiropractor ($50)
Matt got croup (Mom got sick due to lack of sleep)
Four Wheeler Broken Light/Bumper
Anyone overwhelmed yet... because I am!!! So, as I'm trying to count my blessings and not be depressed and ungrateful...1) I want to say how thankful I am that Cody made it home safely that night.. he was snowboarding and got into an accident... nothing like getting a phone call saying we are alright but there are scratches on the car. I don't know how he was able to drive home, through the gorge, and arrive home without blowing a tire! Cars are replaceable ... my children are not!! Someone was definitely watching out over him that day... for that I am grateful. 2) I'm so grateful I have a husband who can fix the jeep and try and save us some money. It is not all the way fixed... but we are getting there! 3) The water heater... we caught it at the beginning stages so not too messy... and right before the store in the valley closed for the night. So we were able to run down there and get a water heater and install it so we could all have a nice warm shower in the morning. 4) The air conditioning unit: Where do I start... oh positive... our air conditioning guy is trying to get a refurbished unit... to help save on costs. Grateful we have two other units to get us by and the weather has been absolutely amazing and no need to heat. Now talk to me in a few months when it is over 100 degrees and we will need an air conditioner... but we are good for now!! 5) Justin... so grateful he is alright. He and Tanner were goofing off (what boys do) and Justin fell and tweaked his neck... he is, as we speak, doing treatments for his neck. 6) My sweet Matthew had his yearly attack with croup... but this time... we didn't make an ER trip. After a night of treatments and running outside to breathe in cold air... he recovered and got through the hardest night at home. We were able to battle through it and he is doing so much better... on an upside of things... this too shall pass!!! 7) Cody was out four wheeling and going up one side of a hill and his friend the other side. They didn't see each other and had a head-on collision at the top of the hill. That could have been so VERY bad. The four wheeler took the brunt of the damage... and I'm so thankful for that. Talk about the things that could have happened... I have to think about it like that or I would seriously be going crazy by now! Our Father in Heaven has blessed us immensely. Through all of this, it could have been worse. I think, I know, he kept the "worse" from happening. We are so thankful for our trials because they keep us grounded and closer to the spirit.






No comments:
Post a Comment