CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Did I Do Enough?

Here we start a new year and starting with Matthew growing up right before our very eyes.  He was able to make the transition to Primary today.  It is such a milestone in his short, sweet, little life. Hard to believe he is three and getting so BIG.  It is hard to even imagine that it was three years ago we were just bringing him home from the hospital.  Tanner is getting so big and his big move this year will be graduating from Primary and entering into the Young Men's Program. Justin will be entering into High School and leaving the Middle School scene once and for all.  Cody will be the BIG SENIOR on campus and having a blast as he enjoys his last year of High School.  He will become an Eagle Scout. Big changes will be heading Michael's way.  He will first graduate from High School this year and shortly after put in papers to serve a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.  Talk about a stellar year in preview... I'm thrilled but emotional, as well.  I have longed for this moment to see my kids "get it", move on, be someone... and now that I'm at this point ... I ask myself did I teach, love and rear them enough for them to make the hard choices in life. It is so HARD to let go... Did I do enough? I'm so thankful for the kids I have... for their willingness to listen and understand when I make parenting mistakes.  I'm grateful for their sweet spirits, their different personalities, and their choices up to this point to make a difference and be the very BEST they can be!!! I ADORE them ... always have...always will!!!
j
Tanner, Michael, Matthew, Cody and Justin Johnson

1 comment:

Don and Kelley said...

Wow! I can't believe how big the boys are. Has it really been that long since I have seen them. Your family is beautiful!