I had a friend who did this and it really made me think how truly blessed my life is. I really just wanted to reflect on the past year and ponder about what I am grateful for and count my blessings.
1. I am so grateful for my testimony. When all else fails, I have my testimony of Jesus Christ that will strengthen me. It is my testimony that will help me through tough times and get me through my trials and moments where I think there is no hope or light at the end of the tunnel, my testimony of my Savior gives me the peace that I look for.
2. I am grateful for my husband. He is a kind, honest man and is an amazing father. He would do anything for anyone and is constantly looking out for the one that is being treated badly. He holds his word to be his bond and expects that from others. He is a worthy priesthood holder and I respect that. And most of all he respect me, the mother of his children. And for that I am grateful. I am thankful we are sealed together for time and all eternity. I amazed how the Lord knew way back when to have our paths cross...and to see if our life's would intertwine. We have known each other for over 22 years and from passing on the stairs at the High School to having an eternal family...I know the Lord knows all and sees what our future can become.
3. I am grateful for my boys...they are my world and my life is of service to them. There will be no greater calling in my life than to raise my boys. There is no greater name to call me by than, Mother. I will forever be indebted to a Heavenly Father who have given me such amazing, handsome, young men. I am so grateful that I can be part of their lives and hope that I can teach them how to make this world a better place. But most of all ... I want them to "Enjoy the Journey"...time goes by us way to fast... we always need to slow down and enjoy the time we have together here. I am learning that is all goes by way to quickly.
4. We have started a new tradition at our home...We learned this from a family friend. At Fast and Testimony Meeting if you don't bear your testimony...we have our own Fast and Testimony Meeting at home. We did this for the first time a couple of weeks ago. I am grateful that our home is a place where the Spirit of the Lord can dwell. I am grateful that I got to hear all my boys testimonies and know that they felt the spirit. I am grateful that they are gaining testimonies of Christ and his church. I only pray that they will continue to grow stronger and gain more experiences for their good. That their foundations will be firm and they will hold to the rod...and return with honor.
5. I am grateful for extended family. I have an amazing family that is close and would do anything for you if you called. I know that family matters most and is very important in our lives. I am thankful that I can turn to them and they will listen and do what they can to help me. I love them and are grateful for them.
6. I have truly been blessed with amazing friends. In a world where people can be cruel and just simply not nice... I have the most loyal friends a girl could have or want. They have been tested by gossip and rumors... but they have withstood the test of time with me and I am grateful. When people have judged my character and attacked me as a person... my friends have stood their ground and for that I am grateful. I am grateful that they see me how my Savior sees me. They love me and look beyond my faults and shortcomings. Because I have plenty of those... they love me for who I am ... faults and all.
7. I am grateful for the Eternal Perspective we have been blessed with. I look at the long, winding path it took to get Matthew here and how much I learned by having an eternal perspective. I am so grateful for the Lords timetable...for his infinite wisdom and love for me and my family.
8. I am so thankful for the simple things in life...those are what matters most and in the end what we remember most. I am grateful for winks from the boys, knuckles from Mike, high fives, wobbly steps, giggles, grunts, smiles, a twinkle in their eyes, bear hugs, the sign language "I love you"... it all makes life grand...in those simple moments... I know God lives and he loves me... Life is simple ... we were sent here to enjoy the journey and sometimes forget to slow down and remember why we are here.
9. I am so thankful for my life. I have truly been blessed. I have learned, not so long ago, I am a daughter of God. That he loves me and would do anything for me. I have great royal heritage from a Heavenly Father who only wants me to do my best and continue "pressing" forward. Not to be perfect but to keep trying to become like him. Lets just say that I am grateful he is a loving and forgiving Father. I am grateful for all that he has blessed me with... simply amazed...at the love he offers me...
1 year ago






3 comments:
Loved this! Thanks for making me stop and take time to think too.
Soo Good! With husband and boys are lives are pretty close. I cried with the time table- how I wish I could just lay my life in His hands- Someday! and the description of high fives "I love you" in sign language etc. that is soo true! I would love to do a gratitude list but what is in my heart could not come so nicely onto paper.
Maybe I will do it anyway!
Cristine this was a very touching post!!! Thank you for posting it!!!! I love you!! I'm blessed to have a friend like you!!! I'm grateful that we have been friends for 14 plus years!!!!! Thanks again for the reminder to enjoy the journey!!! I enjoyed reading all of your new post!!!!!!!!!! You go Girl!!!!!
Post a Comment