CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Justin's Arrow of Light








We have been busy with Justin and helping him achieve what his older brothers, Michael and Cody, have been able to accomplish with Cub Scouts...their Arrow of Light. Such a huge award for the Cub Scout Program. It is just like earning their Eagle in the Boy Scouts... but in the Cubing Program. It has taken a lot of hard work for Justin to achieve this award. It truly is such a great moment. As a mom it has always been hard in anticipation for this night. For it is just another moment that I get to take in and see my kids growing up right before my very eyes. It is also surreal to watch them cross the bridge and go from a Cub Scout to a Boy Scout. Such an innocence to them and how I wish I could keep them there...but have to let go and let them grow into the man they need to become. Some what symbolic with the Eagle... I must let them have their wings to fly. When what I really want to do is hover and protect with everything that is inside of me. But doing that would not let their wings develop into what they need to become.
It was an amazing night that was all about Justin. How special he must have felt... three of my boys have achieved their Arrow of Lights and how unique and different all of their programs were. Just like them how unique and amazingly different they all are, yet striving for the same end result...their Eagle.

No comments: