CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, March 3, 2012

Pressing Forward

It got there in just the nick of time to see this from the
hill as I was driving into Historic St. Thomas.  I couldn't
have planned it better if I had tried.  I knew my boys were
in the first company of kids making the trek.  I had the prompting
to leave a bit earlier, knowing that Mike would most likely be
one of the first handcarts to St. Thomas.  My prompting
couldn't have been more accurate... and for that I was grateful.
I, of course, was holding back tears when I saw them... they
were a bit more red than when they started, their pants had
black marking from trekking through all the weeds and bushes,
a little (not a lot) less pep in their step... and they were tired...
from their journey the day before.  They were troopers and
I think they had a wonderful experience of what it could have
been like for our pioneers who came before us.

Made it to St. Thomas to see such a marvelous site... I can just imagine what the pioneers must have thought way back when!!!

You can see them pushing forward ...their goal in site!

Getting closer!

What a site!

First wagons coming out of the brush!

Cody

Michael

Justin's family for the trek! Kyler was with Cody to start but went to this family to help them out!

Justin looks elated to have made it!!

Woo Hoo... you made it!

Listen to one of the many firesides preformed along the way.

Michael with Jasen Wade (Levi Savage) from "17 Miracles"

The countless number of youth that went on this trek. What an amazing site!


Stole this off a friends blog... great picture of my boys!