I can't believe that summer is almost over! It is actually shocking to me how fast it flies by us anymore!! There were four of us working, Michael, Cody, Allen and myself over the summer months this year. We have been going in every which direction and running to and fro!! Now school is getting ready to start... WHAT? That means homework, grades, soccer, and games... what does that mean for me.... CRAZINESS!! I'm simply not ready for the chaos that ensues every new school year! But as in years past, this I know, it is totally doable and take one day at a time. I just miss the days where the kids could miss a game or two and it didn't matter. Where they could miss school for a family vacation and they weren't doing make up work for weeks!! My advice to moms with young children {elementary school} ...family first!! Miss a game or two... life will continue, if they miss a kindergarten game on a Saturday morning... that game probably won't be in the record book for life. If they miss school for a couple of days... they will not be scarred for life and never get into college due to missing two days in the 4th grade. Maybe that doesn't work for everyone but I'm so VERY thankful it was the way we did it. We have some great memories over the years because of our motto... "Family First". I sure miss those days... to those who still have them... I say enjoy them, embrace them, because they too will pass all too quickly!! I hope when my kids are older that they will remember that family comes first and enjoy the journey. Be careful, because, if you blink you might miss it!
1 year ago






No comments:
Post a Comment