CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, August 25, 2012

Freezer Meals {For us CRAZY BUSY moms}

Here was all the freezer meal baggies:
Goulash (2)
Cafe Rio Pork (2)
BBQ Pork (2)
Stew (2)
Pot Pie Filling (2)
Spaghetti(2)
Orange Beef and Broccoli (1)
Teryiki Chicken (2)

I also had four pans:
Enchalidias (2)
Lasagna (2)


Here is all the meat.  I realized what carnivores we are!! I really should have cooked up one more max pack of hamburger meat. There are:
3 packs Chicken
2 packs Hamburger
Stew Meat
2 packs steaks
1 huge shoulder pork
 
All was from Costco except the steak, and I used older chicken I already had in the freezer. 

Here was all the canned items. A little bit overwhelming... yes!

I recruited some help!! Justin fried up all my corn tortillas about 80 in all!! If he didn't do that, it would have added about another hour to my meal planning.

And Tanner cut up six cans of olives for me, too. 

There was another layer under this one, as well!

This was the finished project.  It took a total of four hours of cooking, assembling, and packaging all the recipes! The a couple more for cleaning all the pots and pans!  I did a total of 19 freezer meals in one afternoon.  It was a huge accomplishment and had never done that many before.  The most I've done is an extra pan here and there, but this was something that I truly thought would help out the family... especially during the crazy soccer season! It is our busiest time of year.  A lot of people asked where I got the recipes? Many of them are already a family favorite, a couple I got from friends, and a few off Pinterest.  When I pull them out of the freezer, some will still need to be assembled, some thrown in a crock pot, in the oven, or pasta cooked, but REALLY such a small task in having a home cooked meal done!!


No comments: