Well this Birthday was extremely hard for me... and have no idea why... but these are my thoughts!
WHILE IN MY FORTIES
1. All my kids will graduate from High School (Except Matt)
2. I will have four missionary farewells.
3. Four missionary homecomings.
4. Lived half my life
5. Will see some graduate from college.
6. Matt will be baptized.
7. I possibly could see a couple of boys married.
(And that means daughter-in-laws)
8. Could be a GRANDMA.
9. I will be an empty nester except for Matthew
10. Matthew will turn 12 and get the Priesthood.
11. I will have no more kids in the Primary Program
12. My husband will more than likely retire
When my kids were all so little and in diapers... I NEVER thought this day would come... EVER! Thinking I SO SHOULD HAVE relaxed and enjoyed my 30's more!! So with all this being said, realizing the picture below will probably be the last time in a while we will all be together for my birthday. This is the year that one by one they all start leaving the nest. My life will be different...good ... but different. I'm such a mother hen and don't know quite how to embrace new stage in my life. I have sulked for months about turning 40 and I think I'm finally getting out of that funk and my attitude is more... "Come what may and Love it"! My life has been amazing up to this point. I have had my fair share of trials, sadness, and overwhelming moments but for the most part... it has been beautiful! Even through the trails I have learned many amazing things about myself. As I have contemplated all the wonderful things that will happen in the future ... and who knows what the future holds (I'm sure some trials will be tossed in)... but with faith and a testimony of my Savior ... I know that this stage of my life I will embrace, too. Just like I did all the other stages. I hope that as we all start going our different ways: mission, college, marriage, careers, etc... I hope one thing remains constant ALWAYS... remember where you came from, build upon your testimony of Jesus Christ, that family is MOST important, and my door is always open.






1 comment:
You are such an inspiration to me! LOVE YOU!!
Post a Comment